See the following to learn more:
What is a OnePass search?
OnePass gathers every episode of a series available anywhere, every game or match from a specific team, or every sporting event in a league (e.g. NHL, CFL, USL.), and adds them right to your My Shows list to watch instantly.
For series, if an episode isn’t available on TV or from On Demand, OnePass fills in the gaps with episodes from streaming video providers like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and more. For sports, your OnePass search will find matches whether you search by full team or league name, location (e.g., San Francisco, Stanford), nickname (e.g., Giants, Bears), or abbreviation (e.g., NFL, NCAA, UCLA). Forget about knowing when or game will be airing or wondering which streaming video service has a series available: the TiVo Service does it for you, so you can start watching right away!
Note: To be sure to get pre- and post-season games, get a OnePass for a league rather than a team.
And here’s even better news: streaming videos and on-demand videos don’t take up any disk space on your DVR! So when your OnePass includes streaming or on-demand videos, you get more choices without having to worry about saving space for other recordings.
Note: OnePass searches are most powerful when you allow them to search as many video apps as possible. To select which apps to include, select the Menu icon from the home screen (three horizontal lines), then choose Settings > User Preferences > Add & Manage Video Apps.
Creating a OnePass search
- Use voice search to find a show, or search manually (from the Home screen, select ‘Search’ or press 3 on your remote control).
- Enter a few letters of a series title. When you see what you're looking for, use the RIGHT arrow to move to the right side of the screen.
- Highlight a series title and press OK.
- You'll see a series information screen. Select "Create a OnePass."
When you create a new OnePass search, you'll be presented with an Options screen to let you customize your results. If you'd rather not see this screen each time, you can opt to skip it by selecting the Menu icon on the Home screen, then choosing 'User Preferences' > 'OnePass & Recording Options' and setting 'Always display options' to 'No.' (This screen is also where you can set or change global OnePass options.)
- Include: Choose to include recordings, streaming videos (from sources like Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix), or both in your OnePass results. Including streaming videos in your OnePass will give you the best results, and streaming videos don’t take up any disk space!
- Start from: Want to watch from the beginning? Choose Season 1. Just need to catch up? Choose a different season. Only want new episodes? Choose ‘New episodes only.’
- Rent or buy: Decide whether to include episodes that need to be purchased before viewing. (The TiVo Service will not purchase the items for you; you will have the option to purchase them at the time of viewing.)
If your OnePass includes recordings, the following options are also available:
- Record: Skip reruns or watch them all? Choose ‘New only’ to avoid reruns, or ‘New & repeats’ to get every episode.
- Channel: Choose the channel on which to record the show, when more than one channel is available.
- Video quality: When you set the ‘Channel’ setting (above) to ‘All,’ you can choose how often to get the HD version of a show: always, never, or if possible. Note that if you choose ‘Always’ and a show is not available in HD, it won’t be recorded. Likewise, if you choose ‘Never’ and a show is only available in HD, it won’t be recorded.
- Keep at most: Set the maximum number of recordings to be saved.
- Keep until: Choose how long to keep a recording (or each episode of a repeating recording). ‘Space needed’ is the default setting, or choose ‘Until I delete’ and your TiVo box won’t delete this episode to record something new.
- Start recording: Start recording up to ten minutes before a show is scheduled to begin. (This option is available only before recording starts.)
- Stop recording: Set a recording to continue — for a few minutes or up to three hours — after it’s scheduled to end. You can change this setting when you set up the recording, or while the recording is in progress.
Managing OnePass searches
Use the OnePass Manager to organize your OnePass searches, change OnePass options, or delete a OnePass search. To get to the OnePass Manager, choose the Menu icon from the Home screen, then seelct Manage > OnePass Manager.
- Organize: OnePass searches are listed and prioritized by the order in which you set them up: the first is at the top of the list and has highest priority, and so on. Prioritizing your OnePass searches is important in case of recording conflicts (when too many shows are scheduled to record at the same time). Because your TiVo box has multiple tuners, and because OnePass works best when you include streaming videos, recording conflicts should be minimized. However, when too many shows conflict, the highest priorities are recorded. Use the UP/DOWN arrows to highlight a repeating recording, and press LEFT to highlight the arrows to the left of the title. Then use the UP/DOWN arrows to move the selected title up or down in the list.
- Change options: To modify your OnePass options, highlight the title of the OnePass and press OK. Then choose "Modify OnePass."
- Cancel: To modify your OnePass options, highlight the title of the OnePass and press OK. Then choose "Cancel." (Note: You can cancel the recording of any individual episode in a OnePass search by highlighting the title in the To Do List and pressing the CLEAR button.)