Schedule a manual recording
If you know a show is on at a particular day and time, but you can't find it in the guide to schedule a recording, you can always set up a manual recording instead.
This feature is available on:
- Any TiVo DVR using the new TiVo experience
- Any TiVo Mini (connected to a TiVo DVR using the new TiVo experience)
Schedule a recording on a specific channel at a specific time.
- From the Home screen, select the Menu icon or press 0 on your remote control.
- Select ‘Manage’ > ‘Manual Recording.’
- Choose the frequency of the recording, using the UP/DOWN arrows to select ‘Once’ or ‘Repeat,’ then press the RIGHT arrow.
- Choose the day(s) for the recording, using the UP/DOWN arrows to change the current selection. If you chose ‘Repeat,’ you can choose to repeat the recording on a specified day of the week (‘Every Tuesday’) or several times a week (‘Every M – F’ or ‘Every Day’).
- Press the RIGHT arrow and choose a channel using the UP/DOWN arrows (or by entering a number with the remote, then pressing ENTER).
- Press the RIGHT arrow and set the hour, minute, and am/pm for the start and stop time, using the UP/DOWN arrows to change the current selection. As you do this, a ‘best guess’ match from the guide will be displayed.
- Press OK to schedule the recording.