Add & Manage Streaming Apps
With TiVo Stream 4K and the TiVo Stream app, popular apps like Netflix, Prime Video, and Sling are integrated for a seamless, easy-to-use on-screen experience. A single search scours all your available apps to find what you want to watch.
Note that subscriptions (purchased separately) or rental/purchase may be required to watch content.
Many popular streaming apps (also called "streaming services") are pre-installed on your TiVo Stream 4K. Some are integrated into the TiVo Stream app, so that you don't have to switch to different apps to watch or search for shows -- you can do it all from TiVo Stream app. TiVo Stream 4K, Android TV, the TiVo Stream app – what’s the difference?
Integrated streaming apps include:
- Prime & Prime Video: “Prime” contains titles on Prime Video that are free for Amazon Prime subscribers. “Prime Video” contains titles available to rent or buy.
- Google Play
- HBO Max (previously HBO Go)
- CBS All Access
- Pluto TV
- Tubi TV
During TiVo Stream 4K setup, you’ll choose the ones from this list that you use or are interested in using. Because shows from these services will be included when searching or browsing, be sure to include as many as possible, even if you don't yet subscribe to all of them, so that you see the most results possible.
The first time you play a show from one of the apps, you may be asked to sign in. If you don't yet have a subscription to the service, you'll be prompted to sign up before watching.
Turning Streaming Services On or Off
If you want to enable or disable any services after initial setup, no problem. Watch the video to learn how, or keep reading for details.
To enable/disable any streaming apps, select > My Services from the Home screen. (At this time, Tubi TV cannot be disabled.) Enabled streaming services are marked with a check. Note that you may need to press the LEFT button to see your enabled services. As you highlight each service, a TiVo Match Score shows you on a scale of 0-100 how likely you are to enjoy the shows and movies that service offers. Below the TiVo Match Score, you'll see some of the shows on the selected service.
Select any service to enable or disable it.
Note that what you do on this page does not affect the rest of Android TV™. The apps listed here will still be available on the Android TV home screen. TiVo Stream 4K, Android TV, the TiVo Stream app – what’s the difference?
Other apps on the TiVo Stream 4K device are accessible from the Android TV home screen. These apps are not yet fully integrated into the TiVo Stream app. TiVo Stream 4K, Android TV, the TiVo Stream app – what’s the difference? To install or use any of these apps, press the circle button on your TiVo Stream 4K remote to go to the Android TV home screen and choose Apps.
If you don’t see the app you want on Android TV > Apps, you can search Google Play to add the app to Android TV yourself. Here's how:
- Go to the Android TV home screen.
- Select Apps > Get More Apps. That takes you to Google Play, where you can select and install additional apps. Note that not all apps on Google Play are compatible with Android TV and the TiVo Stream 4K (e.g., tablet or phone apps will not work).
- Select an app and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- The app will now appear in the Apps section of the Android TV home screen. Select the app to launch it.
- When you're finished using the app, press the TiVo button on your remote to return to the TiVo Stream app.
To uninstall an app:
- Go to Android TV Home > Settings (gear icon on Android TV home screen).
- Choose Apps > See All Apps.
- Highlight the app you want to uninstall, and long-press the center button on your remote. Then choose Uninstall from the options.
Sling, Netflix, and Prime Video cannot be uninstalled. To prevent them from launching, you can disable them:
- Go to Android TV Home > Settings
- Choose Apps > See All Apps.
- Choose the app you want to disable, and long-press the center button on your remote. Then choose Disable from the options. (Follow the same path to re-enable the app any time.)
Google, Android, YouTube, Android TV and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC. Sling and the Sling logo are trademarks of Sling LLC. Prime Video, the Prime logo, and the Prime Video logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Netflix and the Netflix logo are a trademarks of Netflix, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.