Before you begin, make sure you are running the latest iOS software and that you have a compatible TiVo box connected to your home network.
Download the TiVo app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play. It's free! If you already have the app, make sure you are running the latest version, with no updates pending. (Note: The TiVo app will not run on jailbroken devices.)
The first time you launch your TiVo app, you'll go through a one-time set-up process. It only takes a minute.
- Launch the TiVo app.
- Sign in to the app using your TiVo.com username and password.
- If prompted, select the primary TiVo box to use with the app. (You will only be prompted if you have more than one compatible box on your home network.) You can always switch to a different TiVo box later.
- You will be prompted to set up in-home and out-of-home streaming. If you are not prompted automatically, complete setup and then go to "Settings." Choose "Start Setup" in the "Streaming & Downloading" section.
You're a few taps away from watching live TV, recorded shows, and shows availabe from streaming providers (like Netflix) wherever you are – even if you're away from home.
- Find a show to watch in the Guide, What to Watch, or My Shows.
- Tap the show title.
- Tap "Watch" > "On [device type]."
- Choose a streaming source, or for live TV shows, choose “Record & Watch.” Your TiVo box will start recording the show and streaming it streaming to your mobile device immediately.
If you want access to your recordings when you don't have Internet access (in the car, on a plane, etc.), download them to your mobile device.
- Tap "My Shows," and find a show that has recordings. The number of recordings appears in brackets next to the show title. If no number appears, only streaming shows are available. (Streaming shows can’t be downloaded.).
- Tap the title of the show to go to the Series page. To limit the list to only recordings, select “Recordings” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the episode title, then tap “Get” > “Download this episode.”
- Choose a download quality, then tap "Download with these options." Note that "Best" quality downloads will take up more space on your device than "Medium" or "Standard" quality downloads.
- Tap “My Shows" > “Downloads” to watch your downloaded shows.