Setting up your TiVo voice remote
To control your TiVo box with your voice, your voice remote must be paired correctly with your TiVo box. Pairing should happen automatically during Guided Setup. If your remote is paired, the activity light will flash yellow with each button press. If it’s not completely paired, the activity light will flash red with each button press and voice control will not work until you pair the remote manually. (You may also need to do this if you purchase additional voice remotes.)
To pair your remote:
- Select the Menu icon from the Home page, then choose Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Remote Control Setup.
- Choose Remote Control Pairing.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Issuing voice commands
To issue a voice command:
- Press and hold the button.
- Speak naturally into the remote.
- Release the button when you have finished speaking.
Sample voice commands
- Search by title, actor, or keyword: “Find Modern Family” or “Show me some action movies.”
- HINT: Add on to your initial command to get more specific. For example, after the command, “Show me some action movies,” you could add “From the 80s...just the ones with Bruce Willis.”
- Fast forward or rewind a certain number of minutes: “Fast forward three minutes.”
- Jump to a particular point in a show: “Jump to 10 minutes” will jump to 10 minutes from the beginning of the recording.
- Watch a show: “Watch Modern Family.”
- Launch an app: “Launch Netflix.”
- Change channels: “Go to NBC.”