Customizing the Home screen
The Home screen is the starting point for just about everything you do with your TiVo box. Good thing you can tailor it specifically to your needs.
This feature is available on:
- Any TiVo DVR using the new TiVo experience
- Any TiVo Mini (connected to a TiVo DVR using the new TiVo experience)
Home screen shortcuts
Home screen menu items take you to commonly-used screens in the TiVo experience. Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons on your remote control to move between menu items, and press OK to choose one. Use BACK to go back to the previous screen.
- My Shows takes you straight to your recorded and streaming videos, all ready to watch instantly, no matter if they’re TV recordings, on demand shows, or streaming from apps like Netflix, or Hulu.
- What to Watch lets you browse shows available to stream, watch live, bookmark, or record, divided into popular categories.
- TiVo+ is a collection free streaming entertainment previously available only online or from separate apps.
- Search searches by title, keyword, or actor name -- across TV, video on demand, and streaming apps all at once.
- Apps gives you access to your favorite streaming and music apps directly.
- The Menu icon, the three horizontal lines to the left of "My Shows," takes you to the Manage, Settings, and Help menus. This is the place for managing your recordings and OnePass searches, and controlling your settings. Here you’ll find Parental Controls settings and User Preferences, which you can use to customize your TiVo experience.
Adding your own shortcuts
You can easily add up to five of your own shortcuts to the list as well; for example, to get quick access to a streaming app like Netflix or Hulu. Here's how:
- While on the Home screen, press the A button on your remote control.
- Enter an available shortcut number for the item you want.
- The new shortcut will appear on the Home screen.